/*

1/25/2008

What Did Seneca's Wife Do to Seneca, When They Went To Sleep?

Seneca the Younger, (1 born, died 65), was a long time of his life board member of the senior management of the Rome AG. The employer had excessive disciplinary rights. Nowadays, the employers have these rights any more . His boss Neroe ordered him to commit suicide while Seneca was retired!

(I fear, that the politicians might start a debate that the imposition of the death penalty for employees is absolutely necessary in order to be competitive in the age of globalization - to be able to keep pace ;-)))

Seneca had, because of his duties, contact with many people in Rome and had though the opportunity to study thoroughly human nature in all thinkable situations. He became due to his fine observation skills a subtle connoisseur of people and has left us many works behind, that are still up to date.

When Seneca went to bed at night, then he had the habit, to go through the events of the day in his mind. He held himself accountable for every moment of his day. He assessed in which situations he should change his behavior.

Here he not only reviewed the events, he went through talks, considered his feelings.

Seneca benefited from this exercise with a carefree sleep, and impartiality in dealing with other people who helped him, his life to control.

What did Seneca's wife do? When the lights were extinguished, she fell silent, so that Seneca could perform his inner self review.

Who of you exercises a self-review, and what do you gain from it?

7 comments:

John W. Malenda said...

When I close my eyes at night I review my actions of the day and usually only lose more sleep because of the things that I did not get done.

John W. Malenda said...

I will retry to enter my comment:
When I close my eyes at night I do review my actions of the day and usually only lose more sleep because of the things that I did not get done.

Ray Gratzner said...

Hello john, thank you for your comment directly drawn from life.

Anonymous said...

I find the increasing depth of my nightly self-review goes far beyond the events of a given day to deepen the meaning and complexity of my growing astral experiences.

Ray Gratzner said...

Hello Liara, thank you for commenting and letting us know, that you practice this exercise.

Anonymous said...

When I go to sleep, I review my day and then perform Reiki on myself to facilitate a deeper sleep and healing of blockages. This seems to promote dreams that provide answers. In the morning, I again lay in bed for a while, recalling the dreams & inspiration to start the day with.

Ray Gratzner said...

Hello Tania, thank you for adding your experience.
As I have no experience with reiki, I would gladly learn about it on your website.