/*

1/22/2009

Tell with the heart

D. Neisser: common stinkhorn

Some time ago at the hairdresser I read a newspaper with an interview with the CEO of Lidl. A retail sale company. Among other things, they talked about the spying scandal in 2007, when in some branches detectives had been spied on employees and monitoring protocols had been prepared, which violated the personal rights of people, bcause personal details were recorded.

The Lidl chief told how at home he was asked by his children. "How can you do that?" Of course, the Lidl boss did not know anything of the spying in advance and everything that he has told his children doesn't matter to me.

Important seems to me that I do my work in a manner that I could tell it to the people I love and still feel good. This feeling good is a good indicator that I acted properly, because I would tell it with my hear in the presence of the people I love.

I think the Lidl boss had to answer his children with his heart and only he will know whether he felt comfortable with that.

2 comments:

Jena Isle said...

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. It is also with the heart that we speak truthfully. Short but meaningful post Ray. I look forward to your posts and the gems that I could learn from them

Ray Gratzner said...

Dear jena, thank you for your heart-full comment and your encourageing spirit. Happy Blogging