/*

1/30/2008

Collecting Energy


"I laugh when I hear that the fish in the water is thirsty:
You do not see that the Real is in your home, and you wander from
forest to forest listlessly!
Here is the truth! Go where you will, to Benares or to Mathura;
if you do not find your soul, the world is unreal to you."



Everyone has energy. The available energy is the main factor if I want to embark on an inner journey. I collect the energy in everyday life. Often gathering energy starts with avoiding wasting energy.

One special form of energy waste in everyday life is to feel important instead of feeling one's own meaning. We all have meaning in the roles we perform in life. We are the father, mother, child, boss, consultant. Each role has its rights and duties according to the purpose of the role.

Importance begins when I want to be more worth than other people. If the boss feels superior to the staff, when a father classifies his leisure as more worth than those of his children.

Let me present you a little exercise to clear myself of feeling important and helping me to be agile in my meditations. I imagine to be huge and observe which images, places and people are emerging in my mind. There are the people and places where I feel more important. Aware of that
I reduce my size to a normal size, breathing with the pendulum breath. With each exhalation I let air out of my oversize. At the end, I have my real size back, and I feel to have only meaning.

The downsized Ray is movable and he can perceive other human beings see how they are, what they mean.

The same exercise can be reversed. I imagine the shadow of giant falling on me. Which places, people, memories are emerging in my mind? In this case, apply the pendulum breathing to reduce these people to their true size. As a benefit I won't suffer internally from assumed feelings of importance others feel for themselves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tag Rainer.
You leave lots of interesting things to think about here. A person could also imagine what life would be like if self-acceptance was unconditional and had nothing to do with whether or not one obtained external approval. Positive energy comes from within.

Ray Gratzner said...

Guten Tag Liara, Hello, thank you for leaving such a meaningful thought and hint for the journey inside.
I agree with you and maybe one reason why people have to learn to accept them seleves is, that we are the persons our parents have warned us of while we were children.
Bye